Friday, November 12, 2010

Aaliyahs 1st Birthday

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Little Girl! I cant even believe it has been a year since she came into our family! We are so blessed to have her! She has such a fun little personality. I just love her so much!
We had a fun little get together with a few friends last night. In the polynisean culture the first birthday is a REALLY big deal. They throw huge parties and tons of people come for Tons of food and they are really fun to go to. I wasnt going to do that but i did want the little party that we did have for her to be kinda special. One of my dearest friends Fallon Hansen always makes fun cakes for birthdays so i decided to attempt something cute. I couldnt decide between the doll one or the castel one so i did both. It was the first time i have ever attempted to make a layered cake let alone use fondant so i am happy with how it turned out. I know its not perfect but i know how to make my next one better so i am happy, and now maybe a little obsessed with fondant :)
Thank you to everyone that came, for the help and extra dishes. Family i am sorry that we are not close enough to be here. We missed you!
Happy Birthday Aaliyah!!!








4 comments:

Happy Home said...

Steph, you never cease to amaze me!

Nicole said...

What a wonderful party. The kids and adults have so much fun. Everything looked and tasted so good!

Nicole said...

had not have sorry about that

Holly said...

The cakes look great! Good job. It's always fun to see your PARTY life.